Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cake. Is there a better way to start the day?

So after many lazy yearnings - without any actual 'questing' ^_^ - I have finally acquired a very special book much laudered during my childhood. The wonderful Australian Women's Weekly recently re-released their epic masterpiece Children's Birthday Cake Book which I stumbled upon late last week at a newsagent!
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!



I'm not gonna lie and say I had any of the cool ones like the monster one, or the piano one... no, no, I had all the ballerina/princess/fuzzy bunny ones. And I would often make my cousin Cam who has his birthday a day before mine (therefore being doomed to spend all of his birthdays in joint celebration with me) a hostage of a giant mass of pink icing and sprinkles. His name emblazoned in red/pink/purple icing right next to mine, across the skirt of a cake princess. Ah delicious humiliating memories.



To be fair though, we did share a Michaelangelo (the ninja turtle) cake one year - I was 8 he was 12 - and for his 30th his lovely gf made him a gruesome/awesome treasure chest cake JUST FOR HIM. 




I didn't even get a look in! Bah humbug! That's mokay, y'know senior citzens need special care and all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment